Chocolate chip cookies – American recipe
I don’t know what to say about these cookies other than the fact that they are, without exaggeration, the most delicious cookies I ever ate. I can’t tell you how many I ate right after I took them out of the oven, but I can tell you this: out of two trays and 6 cookies offered to someone else, there were only three more left for breakfast the second day.
Ingredients – Chocolate chip cookies
- 300 grams of plain flour
- 200 grams of unsalted butter
- 200 grams of caster sugar
- 150 grams of dark chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 6 grams baking powder
- 1 vanilla pod (just the seeds)
- A pinch of salt
Instructions – Chocolate chip cookies
- Cream together the soft butter (room temperature), the sugar, the vanilla seeds, the salt and the eggs until you get a fluffy consistency.
- Mix together the flour and the baking powder, sift it then gradually add it to the butter cream.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces (not very small) and add them to the cookie dough. Stir in the chocolate pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Preheat the oven at 175°C. While the oven is heating, put the dough in the fridge. After the oven has reached the right temperature, take the dough out (you will notice that it is soft), moisten your palms with water and form small balls, the size of a whole walnut.
- Set the cookie balls on the tray, lined with baking paper. Make sure you place them 4-5 cm apart.
- Bake the cookies on the third rack in a traditional oven, for 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- The surface of the biscuits must not be toasted at all.
- When you notice that the edges start to become brown, take the tray out of the oven and leave it on the kitchen counter for 2-3 minutes, without touching the cookies.
- After 2-3 minutes, the cookies start to become firm, so you may take them out, gently, and transfer them to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Enjoy them because they are very delicious!